Change is inevitable, but growth is a choice. This may just help me make up my mind.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

It's too late to be awake but at the same time its too early to sleep; and I'm still at my computer sitting uneasy. Ancy. I don't know, maybe its the heat, maybe its just me, but the world seems to be sleeping and I'm wide awake contemplating the meaning of life. I wish I could turn my brain off. I wish I could tell my passion to subside for a moment, just enough time so I could sit in peace.

I meet people all the time who seem to be so peaceful and calm, like they know what it all means and are o.k. with it. I wonder if I'll ever be that person, sitting in the circle stoic, soothing, wrapped in an aura of bliss and white.

White. White lillies, white doves, white dresses, white wind, white tears - they paint my face sometimes.

I feel so disconnected from my family right now. While its a normal thing for me to feel, it always comes and goes, this time it seems to hurt a bit more. Perhaps because there are things that I'm missing out on; memories being made that I will have no part in reminiscing.

I sat in a diner today, much like the one that my dad used to take me to when I was young. Once a month, he'd take me on a 'dad and daughter' date. Red's Diner, that's what it was called and it had big red leather booths and the best french fries in town. He used to take me there at lunch hour and I remember feeling so special when he'd come to pick me up to take me 'out for lunch'. Very cool....

I was reminded of that today and it made me miss my dad. I miss my family. I wish I was home sometimes. Interesting how its not until you have the choice that you realize how truly important and incredible family is.

H'ychia Siem

Autumn

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In your great passion, the one that at times seems unsettling, you will find peace. Unfortunately it may take awhile but it is there, i can see it.
Love Dusty

Monday, July 3, 2006 at 5:25:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger Sarah said...

i miss having you around too.

Tuesday, July 4, 2006 at 6:25:00 PM PDT

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WE MISS YOU VERY MUCH....SO LOOKING FORWARD TO YOU COMING HOME NEXT WEEK. WE LOVE YOU ! MOM

Wednesday, July 5, 2006 at 10:55:00 PM PDT

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carley,
I love you and am very proud of you!! That sounds like quite a week of Hell getting prepared for your wilderness adventures and First aid. I am deeply impressed that you stuck with it and didn't give up. I wish you were able to be at Spence and Karen's wedding but that was not meant to be.
You have such a heart for people that a difficult to love, Christ's love shines through you.My prayers are with you.
Love Dad.

Wednesday, July 5, 2006 at 11:05:00 PM PDT

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. http://www.moving-and-storage-companies-in-watertown-ny.info New cancer Compare portable hot tubs new york city dance clubs Free racing game for kid helicol solar pool heaters in phoenix Bmw part dealer boston fire alarm systems Active ingredients in zyrtec how to sew a backpack out of jeans

Friday, February 23, 2007 at 4:01:00 AM PST

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home